CRIBE Program Coordinator
The Centre for Research and Innovation in the Bio-economy is an independent non-profit corporation that promotes the development of the new bio-economy utilizing forest biomass in Ontario.
CRIBE is looking for a dynamic and outgoing individual to join our team to help accelerate Ontario’s forest bio-economy sector.
Highly organized, flexible and professional, you will be responsible for delivering and monitoring a suite of programs and projects supported by CRIBE in the forest bio-economy. In addition, you will provide confidential administrative support to the CEO and Board of Directors.
Your post-secondary training in business, engineering or a science related discipline is supported by demonstrated economic development, project management, administrative and board support experience. A strong understanding of the forest products, bio-economy or chemical industry sectors would be considered an asset, but not required.
Superior oral and written communication skills, outstanding relationship management skills, excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, and advanced computer skills are required.
The position is based out of Thunder Bay and you will be expected to have access to a personal vehicle and you will need to be prepared to conduct your duties outside of normal business hours and travel regionally and internationally as required.
The position is a 1 year renewable contract with a salary range of $58 000 - $65 000 per year.
- Program Administration and Management
- Liaison with potential project proponents
- Preliminary screening of funding proposals
- Manage funding review process, including ensuring applications meet program requirements
- Preparation of project summary and recommendations to Investment Committees
- Ongoing project status tracking and preparation of necessary status reports to CEO, Board and funding agencies.
- Develop and improve upon the CRIBE profile and brand:
- Write, produce and develop information materials for traditional and digital media
- Coordinate and plan media announcements and events
- Coordinate CRIBE information sessions across province
- Participate as required in industry outreach, including conferences, trade shows and industry association events.
- Delivers information about CRIBE and our processes to potential participants and stakeholders
- Foster and maintain relationships with industry and research leaders, ensuring CRIBE is aware of the latest bio-economy technology and market developments.
- Support CEO and the Board as required
- Support and manage the office functions:
- Basic financial functions such as processing of expenses, invoicing and month-end preparations
- Support planning and coordinating Board meetings:
- Preparation of Board reports
- Coordinate travel for Board members as required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit via email a letter of interest and resume by end of business day Monday June 25, 2018 to:
Centre for Research and Innovation in the Bio-Economy,
P.O. Box 10302,
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 6T8
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.