The primary focus for the Centre for Research and Innovation in the Bio-Economy will be the commercialization of research and innovation findings while transferring new technologies to industry in Ontario, Canada and globally. CRIBE will facilitate the creation of new products, new processes, new businesses, new jobs and new wealth for Ontario's forest dependent communities.
The Board of Directors for CRIBE will administer the $25 million investment fund under the guiding principles of flexibility and responsiveness - delivering a program that is results-orientated and sensitive to the needs of industry. CRIBE will cost-share projects valued at up to $2 million, though it is expected that most proposals will be for smaller amounts.
When submitting a proposal for CRIBE, funding support consideration must be given as to how a particular project will contribute to CRIBE's key criteria:
- Commercialization of research and innovation findings using forest biomass
- Transferring new technologies to industry
- Facilitate the creation of new products, processes and technologies
- Attract new business, promote innovation and support jobs and wealth for Ontario's forest dependent communities
- Feel free to contact our office to discuss the eligibility of your project.