Vision, Mission, Principles and Values
CRIBE will develop and promote a sustainable profitable Ontario bio-economy.
To act as a catalyst in converting Northern Ontario forest resources into profitable quality products in an environmentally and socially responsible manner.
Principles and Values
- Function as a not-for-profit corporation under Board governance that is both transparent and ethical.
- Activities of CRIBE will respect the traditions of Aboriginal people and communities.
- CRIBE funded initiatives must recognize the social needs of Northern Ontario communities and will support projects that create wealth for the region.
- Adhere to environmental standards and regulations.
- Support the sustainable use of the forests and forest biomass.
- CRIBE will, wherever possible, purchase goods and services in the region.
- Collaborate directly with the Bio-Refining Institute at Lakehead University, Confederation College and with other relevant bio-research organizations.